IMPORTANT ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES THROUGHOUT OUR WEBSITE AND HOTEL
Our goal is to provide hospitality to all people who travel to Carlsbad. This means everyone. Our mission is to make it as easy as possible for all people including those with hearing, vision, or any other disability to learn about our property and book their stay if they so desire.
If you have difficulty learning about or booking our hotel, we invite you to contact us via telephone or email and our friendly staff will gladly assist you. Phone: 833-447-9195 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology like a screen reader, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software.
To ensure this, The Cassara Carlsbad is committed to compliance with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing has been developed after carefully parsing these particular guidelines and is continuously being enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
We have tested our hotel’s website to ensure that we meet or exceed Level AA checkpoints of the WCAG 2.1 Standard.
Our hotel has the appropriate policies, best practices, and procedures in place to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for accessible guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible rooms.
As part of our reservation processes, we:
- Modify our policies, practices, or procedures to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for accessible guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible rooms
- Identify and describe accessible features at our place of lodging and guest rooms offered through our reservations system in enough detail to reasonably permit individuals with disabilities to assess independently whether a given place of lodging or guest room meets his/her accessibility needs
- Ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented and the accessible room requested is the only remaining room of that type
- Reserve, upon request, accessible guest rooms or specific types of guest rooms and ensure that the guest rooms requested are blocked and removed from all reservations systems
- Guarantee that the specific accessible guest room reserved through our reservations system is held for the reserving guest, regardless of whether a specific room is held in response to reservations made by others.
If you require any assistance with booking your reservation, please contact us directly via email, phone, or social media, which you will find on our Contact Us page.
If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our hotel’s website, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can learn more about W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) HERE
PROPERTY ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES
- Tactile Warning Devices for the Visually Impaired
- Secure and Covered Disabled Parking
- Accessible Paths of Travel Throughout the Exterior and Interior of the Facility
- Accessible Elevators to all Levels
- Accessible Public Restroom at all Levels
- Accessible Registration Transaction Counter
- Accessible Concierge Transaction Counter
- Accessible Gift Shop Transaction Counter
- Outdoor Patio Areas With Accessible Routes and Surfaces
- Accessible Vending Machine Rooms (Convenient Locations)
- Tactile and Braille Signage Throughout Facility for the Visually Impaired
- 32 Inch Wide Openings to Common Areas
- Accessibility Equipment for The Deaf
- Accessible Business Center
- Accessible Elevator
- Accessible Entrance to Restaurant
- Accessible Guest Rooms with 32 Inch Wide Openings
- Accessible Patio or Balcony
- Accessible Pool Entrance
- Accessible Public Restroom
- Accessible Registration Check-in Counter
- ADA Accessible Guest Room
- ADA Compliant Elevator
- Dining Facilities Accessible
- Fire alarms in the hotel have a visual alarm strobe light
- Fitness Area Entrance and Paths Between Equipment Accessible
- Hotel corridors a minimum of 36” wide
- On-Site Designated Accessible Parking
- People in Need of Accessible Features Can Book Accessible Rooms During The Same Time and Terms That Others Can Reserve Rooms
- Pool Entrance and Area Accessible
- Public telephones that are accessible
- Registration Desk is Accessible
- Roll-in ADA showers available
- Self-Operating ADA Pool Lift
- Self-Operating ADA Spa Lift
- Service Animals Allowed At No Additional Charge
- Staff is Trained to Offer Assistance to Ensure Accessibility
- TTY available at the front desk so that lodging facility personnel can communicate with persons who are deaf or have speech impairments
- Van Accessible Parking
- WCAG Level 2.1 Website
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Wheelchair Ramp
GUEST ROOM ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Service Animals Allowed
- Accessible Power Outlets
- Closed Captioning Television
- Accessible Path of Travel Around Beds
- Wheelchair Accessible Route in Room
- Accessible Bed Frames With Portable Lift Clearances
BATHROOM ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES
- Grab Bars at Tub with a Tub Seat
- Grab Bars in Shower with a Shower Seat
- Hand-held Shower Wand
- Removable Shower Head
- Toilet Grab Bars
- Faucet that is easily operable with hardware that is (i.e.: levers, wrist blades, single arm, etc.) usable with one hand
- 32″ Minimum Wide Door and Maneuvering Clearance
- 32” Minimum Wide Door and Maneuvering Clearance
HOTEL WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES
This hotel website for The Cassara Carlsbad is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our hotel’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group.
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the Grand Pacific Palisades Resort website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
This Hotel’s Website Has Passed W3C WCAG 2.1 Level AA Self-Certification*
*Note: W3C has not developed a certification program or authorized any other program to certify conformance to W3C standards.