Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions before your stay such as what is open and closed due to current restrictions? Are there any additional fees? What is check-in and check-out time? Getting ready to book your room…. read our Book Direct section, you’ll be happy you did.
Additional and most frequently asked questions below.
Booking DIRECT with the hotel - tips on how to get the best benefits and perks available
When I book directly on the hotels website, what does that mean to me as a guest? Our direct booking guests are our most important and most valuable guests. By booking direct, our guests and Honors members receive flexible cancellation policies, preferred room assignments, preferred special requests, higher level considerations for early check-in, and late check-outs, and very last choices for the unfortunate and unforeseen times of relocation occurrences. Our rates and members rates includes the above preferences always and are highly preferred when staying at our hotel.
Viewing a lower rate? We also rate match! Please contact our reservations department at 833-447-9195. Our reservations team is more than happy to review lower rates and honor a rate you might be seeing on Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, etc. Verification of same room type, and dates of travel must be confirmed and viewed live by our agents to match. Please rate match prior to booking, most times you are unable to cancel if you already booked somewhere else. Another benefit to booking direct, we are more flexible with your business.
What about websites such as Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, etc? We have good standing partnerships with and honor of course reservations booked on these sites. Please note, the preferences and value in which your booking is viewed by the hotel is superseded by our Direct Booking and Honors guests. Bookings through third-party typically incur booking fees, more restricted cancellation policies, last availability for room assignments & special requests, and are first in line in the unfortunate and unforeseen times of relocation occurrences. It’s always worth and guaranteed a better choice when booking your vacation to choose to book directly with us rather than an online travel agency. Please beware of unapproved and non-partners such as Trip.com and FindHotel.com, do not be fooled by unapproved bait and switch rates and rooms offered on these sites.
VIP! When booking your stay with us for leisure or for business, we understand receiving the most value for your hard earned money, a comfortable and clean stay, and knowing you are our most valued guest is of the utmost importance. Booking direct with our hotel, will ensure these benefits and preferences all our guests so desire, and give you peace of mind you made the right choice! We guarantee it!
Onsite Hours of Operation
- Fitness Center: 24 hours, hotel key access required
- Business Center: 24 hours daily
- Hot Tubs/Spas: 8am – 9pm
- Resort Pool: 8am-10pm
- Family Pool and Kids Splash Pad: 8am-9pm
- Activity Center: 8am-7:30pm
- Bike Rentals – check with Front Desk for bike availability
- Gas BBQ’s: 7am-10pm
- Firepits: Daily from sundown to 10pm
- Cassara Kitchen & Bar
- Bar: 6:30am-10:30am, 12pm-10pm Sun-Thur, 12pm-11pm Fri-Sat
- Breakfast Menu: Daily 6:30am-10:30am
- All Day Menu: Sun-Thur 12pm-9pm, Fri-Sat 12pm-10pm
- New Seasonal Happy Hour and Pool Menus available
- Marketplace Pantry: Open 24 hours, daily, for drink and snack needs
- Room Service: Available via Karl Strauss Brew Co.
- Karl Strauss Brew: check website updates to for current hours of operation and menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- 7 Mile Kitchen (located at Sheraton Carlsbad, free shuttle) – check website updates to for current hours of operation and menus.
- Twenty/20 Grill (located at the Westin Carlsbad, free shuttle) – check website updates to for current hours of operation and menus.
- Courtesy Shuttle: within 5 miles of hotel, available upon request – hours may vary, please check with front desk to schedule.
- Front Desk: 24 hours
- RIDE THE TIDE TROLLY: Keep an eye out for our Summer Seasonal Schedule coming soon! Check with Front Desk then for summer schedule to/from Tamarack Beach and/or Carlsbad Premium Outlet Mall.. A unique one-of-a-kind ride provided to our hotel guests.
What are check-in and check-out times?
Check in time is 4pm and check out time is 11am.
Early check in is not guaranteed and is based on availability of rooms available from night prior. However, know that our friendly guest service agents will do their very best to accommodate you if they are able to.
All guests are welcome and encouraged if arriving earlier than check in time, to check in with the front desk, pre-register for your room, check your luggage if you like, and enjoy our onsite amenities while you wait.
What additional cleaning steps does the hotel take?
Hilton has partnered with RB, makers of Lysol® & Dettol®*, to help deliver an even cleaner stay for our guests with the creation of the Hilton CleanStay program. Our promise to you is to deliver the same level of reliable and friendly service you’d expect from Hilton, but with the added confidence of industry-leading hygiene practices created to keep you safe. Visit the Hilton CleanStay website for further details.
Our hotel also proudly offers Digital Key, which allows you to have a contactless check-in, chose your room, and use your smartphone as your hotel key. Simply download your Hilton Honors App to get started!
Are you pet-friendly?
Yes! We proudly welcome your furbabies at The Cassara Carlsbad. A few notes before you arrive of our current pet policies:
- Non-Refundable Pet Fee applies of $50 per stay
- We accept max 2 animals, and weight per pet not exceed 25lbs
- All pet-friendly rooms are located on our 1st floor for easy convenience
- Pets must remain with owner at all times and should not be left in the hotel room
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellation policies may vary depending on the rate and dates of your reservation. Please refer to your reservation confirmation to verify your cancellation policy. If you need further assistance, call the hotel directly at 833-447-9195 or contact customer service.
Can I make a special request?
At The Cassara Carlsbad, it is our goal to make your stay with us the most memorable it can possibly be. Please note special requests outside of our guaranteed current policies, are not guaranteed however we will do our very best to accommodate you!
You may add your requests in your online booking, or we also recommend to contact our reservations department prior to arrival at 833-447-9195, to add any additional notes or requests. Our reservationists can also answer any questions you might have as well prior.
Note due to our exclusive and beautiful location, Partial Coastline view rooms are most popular, and are unlikely to be available for requests. We highly recommend booking and confirming a View room type to guarantee your partial or coastal view accommodations.
Remember to also BOOK DIRECT! All special request preferences are first considered for our Book Direct and Hilton Honors members. Being our most valued guests, our team will review and do our very best to accommodate you first!
What Fees are applied to my reservation?
Our Urban Fee is $20+tax per day, and includes $20 food/beverage credit to our onsite outlet, 1 hour free bike rental, and complimentary Premium Wi-Fi.
Parking Fee is $24 per day, convenient available parking in our covered garage or in designated lot areas. Parking permit is issued at check-in to be displayed in vehicle.
Mandatory State and City Fees are applied.
Interested in a hosting an event or meeting?
Do you offer Day Use?
Due to high demand of our most coveted onsite amenities, and to maintain safe restrictions, our property amenities are strictly reserved for registered hotel guests only.
What is required age to check-in?
You must be at least 21 years of age to check-in to The Cassara Carlsbad